Birk Hill Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is everyone's responsibility. If you have a concern about a child, you have a duty of care to report this to: Call Derbyshire - 01629 533190.
Parents should be aware that the school will work closely with all other agencies to ensure the safety of our children. In cases where the school has reason to be concerned that a child is subject to ill-treatment, neglect or from any form of abuse, staff have no alternative but to follow Derbyshire County Council Procedures and inform Social Services of their concerns. This is a legal and moral obligation.
- Our designated safeguarding leaders are:
- Sue Birch - Headteacher
- Jo Kennedy - Teacher and Key Stage 1 Leader
- Danielle Pollitt - Teacher and Early Years Leader
- All staff receive annual and monthly safeguarding training and are fully aware of the designated safeguarding leaders role and responsibilities.
- Our Governor with responsibility for safeguarding is Steve Jones